25 Sep Marketing to Millennial Moms – What Do They Care About?
Millennial moms are a growing market segment with increasing buying power. One in five moms today are a millennial mom and 1 in 3 are the majority contributor to their household’s income. Here are the things to consider when marketing to millennial moms:
Millennial moms are digitally connected.
- Millennial moms are online 1.7 hours a day
- They have an average of 3.4 social media accounts
- They like or commend products online 10.4 times a month
Millennial moms are the decision makers in their family.
- 70% are the main decision maker for family purchases
- They control 85% of household purchases
- Millennial moms are responsible for $2.4 trillion in US spending
Millennial moms shop online.
- They grew up with the internet and are accustomed to shopping online
- They use social media influencers to help them make buying decisions.
Millennial moms like brands with authenticity, meaningfulness, uniqueness and innovation.
- They want the brand to be true to them
- They like brands that are outside of the box and have a social conscience
Eighty percent of babies born this year will call a millennial mom or dad, and the U.S. already has more than 10.8 million millennial households with children. This market segment is a purchasing force to be reckoned with. When someone becomes a parent there is a unique opportunity to capture new customers. Don’t miss it!